DisclaimerThis listing is courtesy of the BoatWizard MLS and may be centrally listed with another broker. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey representation of a particular vessel.
Basic Boat Info
Engines / Speed
- Make: Caterpillar
- Model: C-18
- Drive Type: Direct
- Fuel: Diesel
- Engine Power: 1,015hp
- Type: Inboard
- Engine Hours: 1250
- Engine Location: Port
- Make: Caterpillar
- Model: C-18
- Drive Type: Direct
- Fuel: Diesel
- Engine Power: 1,015hp
- Type: Inboard
- Engine Hours: 1250
- Engine Location: Starboard
Beautifully appointed with 3 Staterooms plus crew, office, and 3 heads plus crew.
The large salon is entered from the protected aft deck, up the steps to the galley/dinette with port and starboard doors to the weather decks and staircases to the Command Bridge and to the staterooms. The down forward staircase leads to the midship Master Stateroom, forward VIP stateroom, and Port Guest stateroom and office.
The stand-up Engine Room and Crew Quarters/Lazarette are aft and entered from the cockpit or the transom door.
The enclosed Command Bridge is accessed forward from a staircase from the galley dinette area or a staircase from the Aft Deck.
The Boat Deck serves as a sun deck when the tender is launched. There are wide protected sidekicks, a Portuguese bridge and an impressive high foredeck.
Blue Heron was built with elegant, satin-finished grain-matched cherry bulkheads, trim, and finishings. The soles are teak and holly.
The fixtures are gold-plated for reduced maintenance. Door trim is heavy to accommodate substantial Schwepper hardware.
The climate control system uses a reverse-cycle chilled/heated closed Glycol/water loop system, quietly and gently delivering proper air temperature throughout.
There are three staterooms, an Office and three heads, plus Crew Quarters with queen bed and ensuite head. The Master Stateroom has the highly desirable his/hers twin head with central late shower aggangement. The forward VIP Stateroom has an en suite head with separate shower and an additional door to the companionway that allows the head to be used by guests in the Port Stateroom and Office and also as the day head. Extensive storage areas are provided throughout the vessel.
A close inspection of the enclosed storage areas shows that the fine joinery is continued into the fully lined and perfectly finished cabinetry. Spaces behind appliances are finished to the same standards as the visible accommodations area. All hanging lockers are cedar-lined and lighted.
The full beam owner's suite is amidship, and is separated from the engine room by insulated bulkheads and fuel tanks. The king sized walkaround bed is centerline and there are nightstands on each side of the bed with beveled glass mirrors and reading lamps above. The his and hers heads are aft of the bedroom and have an adjoining shower, 2 VacuFlush toilets along with his and hers countertops and sinks. There are five hanging lockers and lots of drawer space. The TV is on the forward bulkhead. Six opening port lights with screens let in plenty of light and air.
- King sized berth
- Satellite TV w/Receiver
- 32" Sharp Flat Screen TV
- Bureau with chest of 13 drawers and two lockers
- Five Cedar lined full height hanging lockers
- Eight Drawers under berth
- English bevelled mirrors
- Vanity with mirror and seat
- 24V Italian and Danish lighting, 110V mood lighting
- Bose CD/Stereo & Sound System
- Linen closet
- Six Heavy duty 316L portlights with screens for cross ventilation
- Two Large heads with large centered stall shower
- Cream colored granite countertops in each head
- Grohe sink and Grohe faucets in each head
- Bevelled English mirrors in each head
The VIP Suite is forward. The Stateroom has two large hanging lockers and six large storage drawers. The head is on the starboard side and has a full size shower. There is storage under the bed. Two opening screened hatches provide a light and airy feeling.
- Queen size bed
- Cedar lined storage lockers with auto lighting
- Reading lamps
- Mood lighting
- Bose Home Theater Stereo with speakers
- Six Large under bed drawers
- Four Large louvered lockers
- 15" LCD TV
- Deck hatch for access to bilge and bow thruster
- VIP head has additional companionway door to serve port stateroom and as day head
- Lexan curved shower door with cherry trim
- Cream granite counter
- Grohe sink and faucet
- Bevelled mirror
The guest stateroom has twin upper and lower berths, drawer and cabinet storage. The adjacent office area has L-desk, desk stool, file and standard drawers and storage cabinet. The room also has a full size washer and separate dryer. The folding solid doors open the room up to the adjoining companionway and make the room feel larger.
- Twin upper and lower berths with reading lights
- Louvered cedar-lined hanging locker with auto lighting
- Full size Asko washing machine
- Full sized Asko dryer
- 15" LCD TV
- L-shaped desk
- Desk stool
- Drawers, cabinets and bookshelves
- Speakers and volume control
- Mood lighting
The air conditioned full beam crew quarters are aft of the engine room and feature a double berth, night stand, hanging lockers, TV and refrigerator. The crew has their own en suite head with shower. There is a separate entrance in the cockpit so the crew does not need to enter the salon to access their quarters. There is also a full height transom door that provides access while in port. This door takes you through the storage area and crew quarters to the engine room.
The Country Kitchen is centrally located on the main deck forward and up 3 steps from the salon. An opening under the aft cabinets allows visibility right through to the salon and aft deck. The galley counters are Black Galaxy granite and the under-mounted sink is on the forward side of the galley counter so you are looking out the front windows of the yacht when standing at the sink. The Dacor cooktop is on the port side of the U-shaped counter and has removable stainless steel sea rails to keep pots from moving about on the smooth glass cooktop. The up-right refrigerator and freezer are on the aft end of the galley right next to the cook top. The galley has generous cabinet space with louvered doors to keep the cabinets well ventilated. the raised dining area is aft to port with L-shaped Ultraleather settee. There is a cherry dining table with ebony accent and two dining stools.
- GE Profile full size side by side refrigerator / freezer with ice and water in the door
- Dacor electric cooktop
- Dacor oven
- Fisher-Paykel dishwasher
- Sharp microwave/convection oven
- Trash compactor
- Black Galaxy Granite countertops
- Storage cabinets and drawers
- Louvered lower cabinets
- Franke double stainless steel sink w/tap
- Mood light under counters
- Grohe faucet
- Drinking water faucet, separate supply
- Heated water tap
- Spice racks
- Exhaust blower over cooktop
- Cutting boards/sink covers
- Appliance storage locker in countertop aft
- Gaggenau grill on Boat Deck
The main deck pilothouse area is very spacious. Instead of a large lower helm station, which is unnecessary in a command bridge model, a large raised seating area with dining table is located here. The galley is forward of the dining area and both are open to the salon.
- Large dining table with built in seating
- Teak and holly cabin sole
- 24V Italian and Danish lighting
- Flush FRP articulating pilothouse doors port and starboard
- Teak valances with mood light
- S/S post see-through stairs to bridge
- Lighted stairway to forward cabins with recessed handrail
- Stereo speakers
Highly polished, finest quality stainless steel is used throughout every Marlow Explorer. BLUE HERON has a beautiful and functional oval handrail for more secure gripping and more substantial appearance. The ship's bells, door handles and steering wheel centers are all laser engraved with the Marlow Explorer logo. The water fills are self-keyed for convenience and practicality located at waist height in the main deck.
The main deck includes a Portuguese bridge, teak decks and ship quality ground tackle. Fuel and water fills are accessible from both sides of the yacht. The shore power and water connections are at both the bow and stern.
- Molded FRP flush window frames
- Proprietary High Pressure lamination system, vacuum bagged
- Engineered sandwich construction throughout
- Laminated and tempered window glass
- Dupont Kevlar lamination fabrics to resist hull penetration
- Velocijet Strut Keels protect shaft propellers and rudder from grounding
- Side-power 20HP Bow Thruster
- Side-power 20HP Stern Thruster
- Non-skid FRP decks, main deck forward and boat deck
- Screens on all opening windows, hatches and ports
- Sandwich bulkhead, floors, stringers FRP construction
- Deck Lights 24V
- Covered Burmese Teak aft and side weather decks
- Red night lights in Command Bridge
- Heavy duty concealed swim ladder in swim platform
- Six Heavy duty low profile 316L SS Hatches
- Owner aboard logo lighting
- Bulwark doors and gates P&S
- Heavy duty 316L solid stainless rubrail
- FRP stairway with teak steps and stainless steel, cockpit to bridge
- Portuguese Bridge deck storage lockers
- Cockpit deck lockers, FRP
- Engine room access from cockpit
- Teak coaming
- Oval Stainless Steel Handrails forward
- Sliding doors, P&S pilothouse, aft salon with lock
- FRP bow pulpit with S/S anchor roller
- Transom door
- FRP swim platform with teak inlay
- Underwater Tarpon lights
- Three removable N-Rails on swim platform for safety (new 2013)
- Removable safety rails on Boat Deck
The cockpit has a covered teak deck and a built in seating area. This yacht has an extended boat deck that provides full overhead protection from rain and sun in the cockpit. The salon door is very large and when it is open the cockpit and salon become one entertaining area. Port and starboard transom doors lead to the oversize swim platform. The swim platform leads to a centerline water tight transom door accessing the engine room and crew quarters.
- Built in seating with cushions
- Molded FRP stairway up to flybridge and boat deck.
- Twin transom doors with steps from cockpit down to the integrated swim platform.
- Aft deck speakers integrated to the flybridge speakers
- Crew quarters access hatch
- Courtesy lights
The air conditioned top deck houses a large and functional Command Bridge, which allows all-weather cruising. The Bridge boasts a 360 degree view. It has twin Stidd helm chairs, a refrigerator, sink combo cabinet and a large raised L-settee with cherry table. Twin sliding side doors, port and starboard, and a rear door that can be open while underway and twin overhead screened hatches allow for those cool Bahama breezes. The electronic control console is U-shaped and the safety panel is above the control station. The Bose Theater system serves this area.
Aft of the Command Bridge is the Boat Deck with 1600-pound davit, Whaler Sport 1300 tender, dinghy chocks, 40HP Mercury, 4-Stroke outboard, Gaggenau grill, removalble safety rails, sliding stairway hatch cover, aft-view camera, ships bell, storage and a large non-skid deck that serves as a sunbathing area when the dinghy is launched.
There is certified life raft (February 2017) mounted on the top of the Command Bridge.
The navigation console is in the Command Bridge. It is an L-shaped cherry console with full display adjacent to the control area.
- Yacht Controller for Engines and both Thrusters
- Furuno MFDBB 3D Processor
- Furuno MFD 12 3D Processor
- Furuno DRS12A 12 KW Radar Scanner
- Two Furuno MU170 C 17 in Monitors
- Display for Engine Room, Aft Deck and Boat Deck cameras
- Furuno AIS FA-30
- Furuno BBFF3 Black Box Sounder
- Furuno 50/200 Transducer
- Simrad Depth/Water Temperature Transducer
- KVH Sat TV Upgraded to HD
- TV's upgraded to Smart HD
- FLIR Nav II
- Simrad AP-25/RPU-160
- Two Icom 604 VHF Radio’s
- Garmin Depth/Speed/Temp
- Syrens WIFI
- Charles Intercom
- Sirius Weather Radio
- Furuno DB Weather Station
- Furuno RD33 remote navigation display in Office
- EPIRB (2014)
- Fusion Stereo System with Remotes on Boat Deck and Aft Deck
- New Speakers
The engine room has full standing headroom. It is accessed through an aft watertight door with a viewing port. Air conditioned and with cables neatly bundled, valves clearly labeled, plumbing color coded, gauges at eye level and plenty of light to work make this an ideal "boys toy room".
The sea chest is at the forward end of the engine room and provides sea water to the engines, generator, air-conditioning, and all the other items on the yacht that need sea water. Each item has it's own shut-off valve for servicing. The two 900 gallon fuel tanks are just forward of the forward engine room bulkhead. This is the center of floatation of the yacht so your running angle will not change as your fuel level changes. The fuel tanks also provide an additional layer of soundproofing between the engines and the cabins forward.
- Twin 1015HP Caterpillar C-18 diesel engines with 1250 hours
- Command Bridge control station
- Yacht Controller Command System
- Two 20KW Northern Lights diesel generators in custom sound shields with Lexan inspection ports
- Port Generator 1200 Hours
- Starboard Benerator 1300 hours
- Naiad stablizers (new 2013)
- Watermaker (new 2013)
- Aquadrive Centa flexible drive couplings
- Drive coupling covers, FRP
- Soft engine mounts
- Proprietary sea chest water intake system
- Sea Chest inspection and cleanout port
- PJR pressure sea water system
- Seacocks on all seawater supply lines
- 4000W Inverter with Link 1000 monitor
- PJR drinking water pump
- Pressure fresh water faucet with hose
- PSR pressure fresh water system
- Water heaters, 30 gallon and 19 gallon stainless steel
- Proprietary fiberglass thermal and sound insulation blanket
- Two 900 gallon FRP fuel tanks with sight gauges and simplified fuel management system
- Engine room lead/foam sound insulation
- Sea water pump
- Racor fuel water separators, dual with gauge
- FRP holding tanks - 120g black / 120g gray
- Engine room blowers 220V high volume
- Dockside and overboard black water discharge
- Engine isolation switches
- Common drainage system for sink, deck, shower and bilge
- 24 volt bilge blowers
- Engine-Generator-Gears oil change system
- 304 Stainless steel domestic water tanks for fresh water and drinking water
- Color coded copper piping for fuel, water and hydraulic system
- Heavy duty manual bilge pump
- Under water exhaust system
- High water bilge alarm in engine room
- 24V overhead lights, waterproof
- Dripless engine shaft seal logs
- Heavy duty vacuum pumps for gray and black water
- Polished stainless engine beds, risers and fuel manifolds
- Smooth finish gelcoated bilges
- HD watertight engine room door with inspection port
- Heavy Duty exhaust hose clamps
- High Temperature silicone exhaust hoses
- Common drainage system for all discharges
- Proprietary Air inlet system, baffled
- DC outlet
- AC outlet
- Four 3700 GPH bilge pumps with auto & manual switch
- Varnished teak bilge grating
- 120V fluorescent lighting in engine room served from Inverter
- Heavy duty stainless steel oval handrails on the foredeck
- Proprietary stanchion base mounting system
- 1.375" Stainless steel stanchions main deck
- S/S cleats & hawse holes
- S/S rudders
- Velocijet Strut keels
- Aquamet 22 propeller shafting
- S/S Portholes heavy duty 316L S/S
- Custom CNC cut Nibral propellers, "S" class (2013)
- Propeller protector Line Cutters
- Fresh water washdown, cockpit
- Bronze through-hull fittings
- Spotlight with remote at each helm
- Custom stainless anchor light and pennant bracket
- Windlass - Lofrans Titan B with local & remote controls at helm
- 110-pound Bruce anchor
- 60-pound plow anchor
- 300' BBB 3/8" galvanized chain
- Hidden fueling ports with anti-spill catch basin
- Teak steering wheel
- Super Duty custom trim tabs
- Teak bow and stern staffs
- Sea water washdown, forward deck, high volume
- Exalto heavy duty windshield wipers and washers
- Two Stidd Helm seats on Command Bridge
- Bose Home Theater system
- Stainless steel N-rails on swim platform
- Boston Whaler 130 Sport w/Standard Options
- Mercury 40 ELPT 4-stroke outboard
- Sunbrella dinghy cover (Navy)
The salon is very spacious. The open view to the windshield from the aft doors make it feel even larger. The large tinted windows let in just the right amount of light and have custom-made cherry blinds. There is a U-shaped built-in settee and an entertainment center with a large pop-up LCD TV and a Bose Surround Sound home theater system serving the entire vessel. A full-size bar with two seats is on the starboard side of the forward salon area.
- U-shaped settee with storage
- Lounge Recliner
- Hi-low coffee/dinette table
- 43" Sony HD Smart pop-up TV
- Wet bar, hidden sink
- U-Line wine cooler
- U-Line under counter refrigerator with icemaker
- Teak and Holly cabin sole over fiberglass composite structure
- 24V Italian and Danish lighting and 110V mood lighting
- Extensive storage cabinetry
- Black Galaxy granite bar
- Two wicker bar seats
- Overhead handrail
- Ship's clock and barometer
- Quiet, gentle air conditioning
The 70E CB design is comfortable, functional, and beautiful. As you get to know her you notice all the big and small design genius that can only be imagined and implemented by a real boater. Blue Heron is a real boat designed by a real boater to go out into the real world and provide comfort and protection to those of us that just want to reach out a little.
The central drain system that drains to one location under the swim platform eliminates all those water stain streaks down the hull. The separate drinking water system is no small benefit. Again, a real boater designing a boat. The high railing around the entire boat allows safe deck movement in real conditions. Two heavy duty windlasses and two sets of ground tackle.
Real Storage for the things we really need on a real boat trip. Two generators in case one goes down in the Exumas. No Problem. Ease of movement attributed to the proven Pilothouse design and the extra effort David Marlow designed right in. Overhead and recessed hand railings. They are in the right places because they actually understand how we need to move through the vessel. The design is purposefully clean and simple to minimize toe grabbers and head bangers.
The bottom line is that the boat works. This owner has those pleasant surprises when he says "I understand why they did that" and "That really helps the way they did that". If you want to go places in safety and comfort, "Blue Heron" is ready to go.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.