Basic Boat Info
Engines / Speed
- Make: Yanmar
- Rope Cutter: true
- Model: 4JH4AE
- Fuel: Diesel
- Engine Power: 54hp
- Propeller Type: 3 Blade, Folding
- Engine Hours: 1800
Co Brokerage Sail Search is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by Free State Yachts.
The Hallberg-Rassy 40 Classic interior layout - center cockpit configuration with 2 staterooms, Y shape sea-going galley, comfortable salon and spacious head compartment. All interior woodwork in light mahogany matt silk finish. Flush mounted locker doors with solid wood frames and ventilation above. Floor is varnished teak with inlaid holly strips. Saloon ceiling has paneling with mahogany strips and ceilings in remainder of boat have light lining. Cushions on all berths 12 cm / 5’’ thick sandwich construction and resting on unvarnished, well ventilated boards to avoid condensation. Handholds are in all the right positions. Curtains on portlights and hatches in beige, press stud carpeting in beige.
- The L shaped settee to starboard offers comfortable seating with Hallberg-Rassy's signature easy chairs to port. Upholstery in blue Alcantara with white piping. The whole width of the settee/berth can be used for an additional sleeping accommodation and is fitted for leecloths.
- A strong fixed drop leaf table for dining with top opening bar
- Plenty of storage lockers
- Headroom in saloon 1.92 m / 6’ 3 1/2’’.
- Carpet and curtains in beige New in 2018
- 32" TV and Blu-ray player 2018
- Carefully insulated top loading icebox with basket and water cooled electric compressor for chilling.
- A water cooled Isotherm SP system with 12 v Danfoss compressor unit for refrigeration, extremely economical to run.
- Extra deep, double sink with custom sliding cutting board
- Twin burner ENO gas stove with oven, well gimballed with fiddle rails and locking device for oven door and stove when in use in the marina.Stainless steel crash bar
- Top loading dry space for storage below the counter, sliding locker doors for galleyware, interior locker shelves.
- Cutlery drawer with additional drawers and slide out bread board
- Large spice rack
Head Compartment - easy to maintain white laminate and molded fiberglass surfaces. A shower is integral to the space with folding plexiglass door. A teak grate covers the shower sump. The head is located at the forward end of the space, facing inboard. There is a counter with sink along the forward end of the compartment.
- Cupboard above and below washbasin.
- Large locker
- Ventilation through opening porthole, opening deck hatch
- Large hanging locker in walkthrough to Forward berth
Forward Cabin with V-Berth - There are lockers above the berth along the hull side and forward. There is also a large sail locker below the berth. Aft and to port is a vanity with locker outboard. New upholstery in 2016.
- A comfortable forward facing seat with spacious chart table.
- Electric panel to the right of the navigator and hinges down for easy access. Master controller charging port, Battery Monitor and Spectra Watermaker remote monitor are integrated into the panel.
- There are drawers and stowage slots.
- Two bookshelves towards the engine room.
- Insturment shelf holds VHF and SSB radios
- There is a larger rubber sealed two-door access to the engine room and mechanical space
- On starboard there is a hanging locker
- Configured with the split berth arrangement - double berth to port and single berth to starboard
- Storage below berths
- Lockers and bookshelves
- Tall hanging locker and mirror
- Custom built battery locker contains the starter batter (new in 2018) and six (6) Mastervolt AGM house batteries (new in 2016) 6V 260Ah
The German Frers designed hull is configured with a fin keel and partial skeg hung rudder. Her hull is constructed of solid hand laid fiberglass in vinylester resin with Divinycell foam insulation above the waterline. The keel is lead and bolted to a strong floor and stringer grid. Her deck is constructed of fiberglass and Divinycell foam core with teak nonskid overlay. The hull to deck joint is fiberglassed and completely waterproof.
Her topsides are white gelcoat with blue boot stripes and a wide blue sheer stripe. A molded rub rail with bronze strip runs the length of the hull just below the boot stripe. Her deck is surrounded by a low bulwark with teak cap rail. Stainless steel stanchions with double lifelines are mounted on a stainless rod that runs through the cap rail into the bulwark creating a very robust, leak free attachment. Oversized stainless mooring cleats are mounted to the cap rail forward, midships and at the stern. Deck drains have outlets below the waterline to reduce staining along the hull. Forward is a deep chain locker with storage for fenders and dock lines. The windlass is mounted above deck with the motor below deck in the dry interior cabin space.
Wide side decks lead aft to Nikita's center cockpit. Teak handrails are well placed along the cabin top. The cockpit is protected by Hallberg Rassy’s signature hard windscreen with opening forward window and easily stowed dodger top. The cockpit coamings are tall and provide comfortable seating. The cockpit seats are overlayed with teak with a removable teak grate covering the sole. At the aft end of the cockpit is a robust pedestal with stainless destroyer wheel. A varnished teak cockpit table folds against the pedestal when not in use. There is a cockpit locker to port with a storage bin for the companionway washboards. Forward and protected by the windshield there are teak chart tables with tall fiddles to either side of the companionway. Stainless Lewmar primary winches are mounted on the coaming. The mainsheet traveler is located aft of the cockpit on the cabin top and the mainsheet leads to secondary winches on the coaming to port and starboard.
Aft of the cockpit and aft cabin there is an open aft deck. There is a deck locker aft on the centerline. The stern pulpit is split for access to the swimstep and there are pushpit mounted teak seats to port and starboard. There is a swim ladder and a shower at the transom.
- Lewmar electric anchor windlass - Foot controls on bow - Toggle switch controls on cockpit pedestal
- 100m of 8mm chain
- Delta 20 kg primary anchor
- Fortress and Bruce secondary anchors - 25M of 8mm stainless steel chain
- Dual stainless steel anchor rollers
- Anchor snubber
- Transom mounted radar pole with deck light and 2 removable arms (outboard hoist)
- Dodger (new 2018)
- Bimini with stainless frame
- Cockpit Extension with stainless steel frame (new 2018)
- Outboard motor mount
- Stainless swim ladder
- Hallberg-Rassy helm cover - new in 2018
- Teak decks refreshed 2018
- Shark Line cutter 2018
- BBQ with rail mount or free standing
Triple spreader rig by Seldén with manual in-mast furling
- Furling Elvstrom mainsail with full length vertical battens Serviceable
- Furling EPEX membrane genoa with foam luff Good condition new 2016
- Furling cruising spinnaker
- Working jib Lightly used
- Storm jib Lightly used
- Removable inner forestay
- Running backstays
- Backstay tensioner
- Adjustable genoa tracks-from cockpit
- Whisker pole mounted on mast
- Spinnaker halyard
- Second jib halyard
- Engine Yanmar model 4JH4AE 54hp Diesel approx. 1800 hours
- Centaflex shaft coupling
- Electric oil change pump
- Dual Racor fuel filters
- Gori 3-bladed variable pitch folding propeller
- Spare HR 3-bladed fixed propeller
- Shark line cutter (2018)
- Emergency tiller
- Illuminated compass and single lever engine control
- Isotherm SP System 12V water-cooled refrigeration
- (8) Hella Turbo fans
- Spectra Newport 400 12v watermaker-400gpd
- Spares kit for watermaker
- Pressure water with equalization tank
- Spare pressure water pump
- Fresh water foot pump at galley
- Carbon water filter
- Hot water heater- engine and 110V
- Shower sump pump
- Deck washdown pump
- Hot/cold fresh water shower at bathing platform (new 2018)
- Manual bilge pump
- Electric bilge pump
- Winslow Ultralite 6 person offshore liferaft (service due)
- Ecomax 230 Radar Reflector
- Lifesling MOB recovery device
- Jordan Series Drogue
- Zodiac 10' Compact Dinghy with 9.9hp Yamaha outboard (rebuilt 2018)
- Raymarine ST60+ Speed Wind and Depth displays
- Raymarine ST60+ Graphic display at nav station
- Raymarine E120 radar/chartplotter multifunction display
- Raymarine 4kW radar antenna
- Raymarine GPS
- S-CTRX Class B AIS transponder/Transceiver
- Raymarine ST7002G+ type II Autopilot
- Raymarine Smart Controller wireless remote and repeater (new battery 2018)
- ICOM M502 VHF radio with DSC
- ICOM HM127B VHF Command Mic
- ICOM IC M802 SSB radio with AT140 tuner
- Insulated backstay and 2 grounding plates
- Furuno Fax-30 Weatherfax/Navtex revceiver
- Pactor II USB modem
- Lopolight LED tricolor light/anchor light
- Clock and barometer
- Pioneer AM/FM/CD Stereo receiver with remote
- Pioneer 6inch speakers
- Cockpit speakers
- Red night lights at nav station and galley
- Deck light on radar pole and mast (for foredeck work)
- 32" TV and BluRay Player (2018)
2- 30 amp 120 Volt Shore power system
- 2-Marinco SS shore power inlets
- 30 amp shore power cord
- 120 V outlets in each cabin plus extra outlet in the galley and main cabin on dedicated GFI (for BluRay Player and TV)
- Mastervolt combi inverter/charger 12V 2000 Watt-100 amp
- 120 V 40 liter hot water heater heated by shore power or engine
- Dometic reversed cycle air in the salon 1600 BTU's (with optional wine cooler)
12 Volt DC Electrical System
- 140 amp with Maxcharge regulator
- 6- Mastervolt AGM 6V 260Ah = 1560Ah
- New starting battery 2018
- Duo Gen towing/wind generator
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.