DisclaimerThis listing is courtesy of the BoatWizard MLS and may be centrally listed with another broker. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey representation of a particular vessel.
Basic Boat Info
Engines / Speed
- Make: Yanmar
- Model: 4JH4-TE
- Fuel: Diesel
- Engine Power: 76hp
- Propeller Type: 3 Blade
- Engine Hours: 986
Spacious bright varnished 3 stateroom Moabi varnished wood interior designed by Nauta Yachts, Milan Italy. Plush interior style with contemporary settees and cabinetry. White headliners and hull coverings enhance the open warm accommodations.
Second Star was purchased by the previous owner to circumnavigate the Caribbean with their 2 sons. Originally a two cabin boat, the full beam aft cabin with centerline berth was reconfigured at Hinckley to provide two separate sleeping aft cabins. All the original cabinetry has been retained in storage and the boat can be reconfigured to a 2-cabin configuration by the new owner. The aft starboard head with shower has two doors, one directly from aft cabin(s) and one adjacent to the main companionway.
Forward to starboard is a large forward facing navigation center with wide table and flush mounted equipment console and breaker panel. To port of the companionway is an excellent galley for passagemaking or liveaboard with generous white corian countertops.
Amidships is a impressive main salon with "U" shaped settee to port and straight settee to starboard covered in light tan leather. Inboard of the port settee is an adjustable table that can be doubled in size for dining. Includes two movable inboard seats and storage outboard and under settees. Fixed side and forward windows and deck hatches provide excellent natural light and ventilation. All overhead OceanAir hatches have the optional rolling screen and shades installed.
Forward is a full beam VIP guest or master cabin with centerline queen berth. Includes a guest head to port with separate stall shower.
Has lots of counter space including island counter and inboard double sink counter. There are multiple storage lockers, drawers and cabinets and the counters have high laminated fiddles.
- White corian counters
- Stainless propane stove & oven
- Microwave oven
- 4.6 cu ft 12V front opening refrigerator
- 3.4 cu ft 12V top opening freezer
- Double polished stainless steel sinks with white Corian covers
- Hot and cold pressure water
- Raymarine E120 and E80 chart plotters with US and Caribbean chart data
- Raymarine Color Radar (displays E 80 & 120 screens receive AIS- on VHF integrated network)
- ST60+ Depth/Speed, Wind, Autopilot, and Tridata displays
- ST6002 Autopilot
- Sony CD Radio w/ Sirius
- AIS receiver - Standard Horizon GX2150 VHF w/ Command Mic and Loudspeaker
- Sharp AQUOS 31" BluRay combination TV/DVD
- Glomex Omnidirectional mast top digital TV antenna
- 12volt DC and 110volt AC electric system with DC and AC breaker panels and monitoring gauges
- Northern Lights M673l3.3 6KW sound shield enclosed diesel generator- 560hrs
- Electrical circuit 110V w/ ProSafe Galvanic Isolator
- 3-4D AGM batteries House- Installed 2011
- 2-2D AGM batteries engine and bow thruster
- All lighting converted to high quality LED fixtures. Including red/white switchable LED lighting in Galley and heads
- Low power comfort fans installed in galley and all staterooms
- Magnum Energy MS2012 Pure Sine Wave Inverter Charger with remote display
- 580W Kyrocera solar panels with 2 Blue Sky controllers and remote display- 2014
- Yanmar 4JH4TE 76hp- 986 hrs
- 3 Blade fixed propeller
- Lewmar 185 TT 5Kw bow thruster
- Electric heads and macerator pumps with holding tank(s) and Y-valves to deck or overboard discharge
- Flagship Marine 18BTU and 12BTU (both 2018) Air Conditioning/Heat units
- CruiseRO 30gph reverse osmosis watermaker
- Refrigeration includes 12volt electric refrigerator and freezer
Second Star's hull was designed by Berret-Racoubeau. She has an attractive profile, excellent stability and a great deck arrangement with twin wheels. The hull is constructed of hand laid solid GRP it is reinforced in the keel, rudder and chainplate areas incorporating a structural monolithic interior grid. Vinylester hull barrier coat to resist osmotic blistering. Hull and deck joints are bonded and bolted together. The keel is a shoal draft fin bulb.
- Teak toerail
- Swim platform and ladder
- Transom shower (hot & cold)
The deck is constructed of a cored GRP sandwich for stiffness, thermal and acoustic insulation and lighter weight. Solid fiberglass reinforcement in high load areas. Integral unidirectional GRP deck beams for added strength.
- Rocna 88lb with 300 galvanized high test chain (2013)
- Mantus anchor bridle/snubber
- Delta with chain and rode
- Fortress FX-37 aluminum anchor
- Lewmar 1500 watt vertical anchor windlass w/ remote
- Twin stainless anchor platform with rollers
- Large cockpit with leather covered twin wheels
- Swing-up seat to access the swim platform
- Two large seat lockers
- Kato marine arch with dinghy davits
- Teak cockpit seats and floor
- Transom swim platform shower with hot and cold fresh water
- Cockpit table- double leaf storage in middle and removable 12v table light
- Magma SS Newport grill
- Outboard engine brackets- stern pulpit
- Tohatsu 8hp 4 stroke
- Apex A-10 RIB with athwart seat/storage
- Salt water anchor wash
- Awlgrip aluminum mast with double swept back spreader, internal halyards and in mast mainsail furling.
- Stainless steel standing rigging; rigging inspected on ground in 2014 and tuned
- Rigid boom vang with tackle
- Upgraded, cockpit-adjustable genoa sheet cars
- New running rigging 2004
- All halyards run to cockpit
- 2 65STC electric primaries
- 1 46STC electric cabin top winch to port
- 1 46STC cabin top
- 5 large and 1 small stopper to starboard and 4 large and two small stopper to port
- Cockpit cushions; quick dry Sunbrella material
- Custom Sunbrella Bimini, companionway dodger and connector
- Zippers on everything for future side curtains
- Sunbrella Wheel instrument covers
- Sunbrella Deck hatch covers
- Viking 6 person RescuYou Coastal Valise Liferaft (needs re-certified)
- Life Sling
- Coast Guard Safety- flares, LED visual distress signal, 6 life jackets, air horn, throwable life bouy, Smoke/CO2 detectors, 4 fire extinguishers
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.