Basic Boat Info
Engines / Speed
- Make: Yanmar
- Model: 4JH3-TE
- Drive Type: Direct
- Fuel: Diesel
- Engine Power: 75hp
- Type: Inboard
- Propeller Type: 3 Blade, Bronze, Feathering
- Year: 2005
- Engine Hours: 750
Co Brokerage Sail Search is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by Crusader Yacht Sales.
The Tartan 4400 has a modern deck salon layout with two spacious queen bunks, tons of storage and a two full heads.
The forward cabin has a queen sized "Island Bunk" with custom configured lockers and storage spaces. Last Dance was custom built with a "dress" locker / Bureau - having a his and hers thought to storing gear.
The forward head can be accessed from the salon or forward cabin and has an enclosed shower stall. Both heads feature vacu-flush heads.
The aft cabin has wonderful guest queen bunk with ample storage both hanging and shelves. Including standalone AC unit in cabin controls for comfort.
The salon area has a large curved couch / settee with an oval dining table. Custom additional seat and back were built on Last Dance. She also has a raising and lowering Dining Table. On the starboard side is the spacious work area and storage in the desk and drawers adjacent. Chart-plotter / Radar, VHF and Electronic controls are here with the house breaker panels below the nav seat and behind. An expansive entertainment / Liquor locker area is in front of nav station and has a custom for Tartan serving tray.
FIsher Panda 8 KW Genset provides power when away from the slip and the three Reverse-Cycle AC units keep the cabin climate manageable year around!
On deck the Tartan 4400 has a long cockpit with a drop down transom for walk-through access to the water. The cockpit has seating for many and a cockpit table for lounging at the dock. The cockpit sail locker is roomy and has full access to the steering / rudder systems. Power winches assist with sail management, making her a dream to sail in all conditions. The Yanmar Engine and help bow Thruster keep her tamed when approaching a tight corner or leeward rule dock.
On the bow, there is a deck storage locker, with access to the chain locker and windlass motor. This can accommodate, full sized items like Roll up dink, cruising chute, fenders and the like. You won't find a better bow locker in this size / class.
The Tartan 4400 has won many awards including Cruising World's Boat of the Year! You will enjoy her modern design with the classic quality construction you expect in a Tartan!
Owners have maintained her to the highest standards and have many thoughtful improvements along the way as well!
- Two 8D House Bank Batteries - 400+ AH
- Group 31 Engine Start Battery
- Bow Thruster & Genset Battery Banks
- Heart Freedom 20 Inverter Charger
- Link 2000 Control Panel for Inverter / Charger
- AC / DC / Tank Monitors
- 80 amp Alternator
- Fisher Panda 8KW Genset - 250 Hours
- Lewmar Bow Thruster
- Three Zone Air Conditioning - 36k BTU total
- Blue Seas Shorepower Distribution Panel
- Blue Seas 12VDC Distribution Panel
- Blue Seas 110VAC Distribution Panel W/ Genset Crossover
- Technautics Refrigeration / Freezer Compressors
- Hot & Cold Pressure Water - Hot Water by Engine or 110VAC Heater
- 12VDC Outlets at the Nav Station & Helm
- Hot & Cold Pressure Water
- Vacu Flush Head in Forward & Aft Head
- Fully Enclosed Shower in Forward / Master Head
- 200 gallons Freshwater in Bow / Main Water Tanks
- Automatic Bilge Pumps for Bilge & Deck Locker
- Automatic Sump Pump for Showers / Head Sinks / Iceboxes
- Manual Bilge Pump in Cockpit
- Collection Box for Sea-Water Distribution to Systems-Minimizes Through Hulls
- Additional Dedicated Engine thru-hull for Strainer
- Cockpit Shower
- Whale Pumping Fittings through out for easy serviceability
- Deck Wash-down for Windlass
- SIMRAD 9" Plotter / Radar at Helm - 2017
- SIMRAD 12" Plotter / Radar at Nav Station - 2017
- ICOM VHF Radion at Nav Station
- VHF RAM mic @ Helm
- 4KW 4G Digital Radar On Custom Mast Mount
- Pivoting Mast Mount radar w/ Helm Control
- LEWMAR Bow Thruster
- LEWMAR Windlass w/ Deck & helm Controls
- B&G Displays on Companioway Pods
- * 3 Multi Function Displays
- * Analog AWI & Close Haul Displays
- B&G Below decks Autopilot @ Helm - 2017
- B&G Multi Function @ Helm
- Novis Carbon Fiber Spar
- Charleston Spars Aluminum Boom
- Dutchman Flaking System for Mainsail
- Low Friction Luff Slide System for Mainsail - Antal
- Forespar Rod Vang w/ tackle led aft
- Harken Inboard Adjustable Genoa Cars
- Custom Configured Strom Jib / Cutter Rig
- Code Zero Style Furler for Storm Jib / Cutter Rig
- Custom Synthetic(instead of wire) Running Backstays for Storm Jib
- Teak Cockpit Sole
- Teak Cockpit Coamings
- Cockpit Table - Teak
- Drink Holder on Pedestal - Teak
- All exterior teak stripped and Cetol Sikkens 2014
- ALL LEWMAR Winches on Deck
- Housetop Electric Winch - Controls Lines
- Electric Primaries at Helm
- Manual Secondaries ( used rarely )
- SS Plow Anchor
- LEWMAR Rack & Pinion Steering
- LEWMAR Leather Wrapped Mini- Maxi Wheel
- Elvstrom Full Batten Mainsail - Cruising Laminate - 2018
- Luff Slides & Dutchman for ease of handling
- Elvstrom 135% Genoa - Cruising Laminate - 2018
- UK - Storm Jib Configured w/ Furler as Cutter
- UK Cruising Spinnaker w/ Sock
- Custom Canvas - ALL Toast Color - ALL NEW 2016
- Dodger - 2016
- Bimini - 2016
- Conector - 2016
- Mainsail Cover - 2016
- Cockpit Cushions
- Red Mahogany Awlgrip Hull
- White Deck w/ Contrasting / Sand Color Deck
- White Boot & Gold Cove Stripes
- Epoxy Hull & Carbon Fiber Rig
- Toast Canvas - NEW 2016
- F/P Genset
- 3 Air Con Units
- Bow Thruster
- Power Winches
- Full Electronics Package - 2017
- Main and Genoa NEW 2018
- Davits - NEW 2017
- LOTS of Custom Details - owners third Tartan
- Custom Trash Can Slider
- Additional 5 coats of varnish on Sole
- Custom Cabinetry
- Larger TV
- Re-configured Vented Loops
- Three Blade Max Prop
- Frig & Freezer Option
- Custom Wet / Hanging locker in Head
TEMPEST is superbly cared for TWO OWNER Tartan 4400. Built to the highest standard for a VERY knowledgeable owner. numerous updated / improvements and professionally maintained. Originally on Lake Erie ( freshwater ) and on the bay since 2017...
Stored in doors each winter until 2016 and used lightly. Amazing Updates with canvas, electronics, davits and sails in the last 2 years... She is ready to adventure wherever the wind takes you.
Call today or a showing, you won't be disappointed. New boat on order -- Offers Encouraged!
Potential purchasers should assume that any items on the vessel at the time of viewing, but not specifically listed on this specification sheet, are not included with the sale of the yacht. These specifications are believed to be correct but cannot be guaranteed. Specifications are provided for information purposes. Data was obtained from sources believed reliable but is not guaranteed by owner or brokers. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds, consumptions, capacities and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provided, and agrees to instruct his/her agents or his/her surveyor to confirm such details prior to purchase. This vessel is subject to sale, price and inventory changes or withdrawal from market without notice.