Basic Boat Info
Engines / Speed
- Make: Cummins
- Model: Turbo Diesel
- Fuel: Diesel
- Engine Power: 140hp
- Engine Hours: 3097
GSYC - Sailboats Co-Brokerage is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by David Walters Yachts.
The Abby has a deceptively large interior thanks to the smart utilization of her midship beam, broad transom, and relatively flat deadrise at the hull. The deck salon offers ocean views with a bright and airy feel. To starboard of the main salon is a forward-facing navigation station complete with all new B&G electronics and touch screen display. Aft and to port of the main salon is the workshop complete with tool storage, wet locker, and access to the machinery. This space could be converted back to a fourth cabin if so desired. In the forward section are two identical guest staterooms each with two single bunks outboard. The forward cabins share a head and shower but have their own wash basin and toiletry area. Starboard of the companionway and leading aft is the passageway galley fully equipped with brand new double drawer stainless steel refrigerator and freezer, new stove and microwave, and over 35 cabinets and drawers – I have never seen a larger galley on a boat under 60 ft! Furthest aft is the owner’s stateroom complete with centerline queen, separate vanity or desk, loads of storage, and ensuite head. A very nice feature to The Abby is the second passageway through the aft stateroom stall shower which leads to the workshop and main salon, no more shuffling around in the galley when cooking!
INTERIOR STYLING AND FINISH
The teak joinery is finished in a smooth satin vanish with a light wood inlay incorporated in the fiddled edging which matches beautifully with the teak and holly cabin sole. The flat panel cabinetry fits smooth and flush with push-lock latches for a clean and modern appearance. Over the past two years the owner has made a number of choice improvements to the interior of the boat to include updated galley amenities, addition of custom cabinetry, improvements to the heads, and the conversion of the fourth cabin into a workroom. Careful attention has been given to ensure the styling of the boat is preserved and that all modifications blend well with the original joinery. The end result - flawless!
- Deck salon with two large windows forward, large window to port and starboard, and two overhead hatches with mosquito screens and sun shades. Lots of natural light and eye level visibility – Imagine the gorgeous view!
- Stainless steel overhead grabrails and fiddled edging incorporated into the styling of the boat make traversing the interior effortless while underway.
- Teak dining table with classic compass inlay set with light colored wood, seating for 5 and height adjustable.
- White leather upholstery on the comfortable port settee. Cushions are removable to reveal loads of storage both behind and beneath. Coordinating blue and white curtains just installed.
- Three outboard cabinets to port with bookshelves and accent lighting between and two cabinets integrated into the forward bulkhead.
The aft stateroom in The Abby is proof that offshore sailing doesn’t require sacrificing comfort! The large walk around centerline queen is plush and comfortable. The mattress was just upgraded in the latest refit and is the perfect end to a long day on the water! To port is a large desk suitable for office work or as the wife’s vanity. Large cabinets and a storage locker beneath adds to the functionality of this space. To starboard additional cabinets are situated above and below the countertop surface large enough for an office printer or other comforts of home. The forward bulkhead has a new Samsung TV mounted above two opening cabinets with rear access to the machinery below. The underside of the berth incorporates even more storage and a convenient chart locker. Above the berth on the aft bulkhead are two slender lockers well suited for his and hers personal affects. As a desirable feature, the aft cabin is accessible via both port and starboard passageways. No more shuffling around the chef at work in the galley! Lighting and ventilation are superb with four opening Lewmar portlights and overhead hatch, flush mounted LED overhead lights, and dedicated reverse cycle climate control with digital panel next to the bed.
The white Formica surfaces of the cabinetry, Corian countertop, and varnished teak trim make for a finished look that is also easy to clean and maintain. The ensuite head has a new electric Jabsco electric flush toilet with new waste lines and holding tank, a single basin sink, with fresh and saltwater faucets, and lots of storage. The separate stall shower with frosted glass door is a welcomed feature and allows access to the forward section of the yacht through a well-sealed doorway.
FORWARD GUEST CABINS
The Abby has two forward staterooms that your guests will find welcoming and spacious for their time aboard. Each stateroom has two single berths in an outboard bunk configuration. Each berth has a new custom mattress and allows for ample headroom. Four lifevest lockers are located inboard in each cabin. The forward cabins have independent reverse cycle climate controls, 12VDC turbo fans, and access to their own wash basin. Guests share the forward head and shower.
To maximize living space the forward head is shared between the two guest cabins. Although each cabin does have its own wash basin and personal storage for toiletries. The toilet and shower are in the forepeak of the yacht along with access to line storage compartment, cleaning supply cabinet, and the chain locker. The Jabsco electric flush toilet with new waste lines and holding tank were installed during the last refit, a welcomed update for the new owner!
FOURTH CABIN WORKSHOP
Anyone who’s taken a yacht beyond the reaches of land will tell you that having a space for projects is invaluable in a blue water boat. With The Abby, gone are the days of hammering away on your dinette table or rebuilding a winch in rolling seas in the cockpit. The fourth cabin has been cleverly converted into a workshop well suited for the inevitable maintenance projects you’ll encounter offshore. This functional space could be converted back to its original bunk configuration if so desired but will likely become an invaluable space for the serious sailor.
Galley space and modern appliances a requirement? You won’t find anything better than the galley in The Abby! The passageway galley is the preferred configuration for many cruisers and offshore sailors as it optimizes counterspace, allows for functionality offshore, and is large enough for the couple who enjoy cooking together. Countertops run along both side of the galley with cabinetry and pantry space located above and below. Felt lined drawers are a unique feature which eliminates the rattling of objects and cookware while underway and keeps dishes safe in rough seas! Every possible inch of space has been smartly utilized. The deep, double basin stainless steel sinks feature fresh and saltwater faucets, large opening portlights provide excellent ventilation, and the stove is properly located adjacent to the companionway to allow for heat to escape.
The galley has been extensively updated with one of the biggest improvements being the addition of two large Frigoboat stainless steel, front loading, dual drawer, insulated cold storage units, one is a dedicated refrigerator, the other a freezer. Unlike most front-loading units, these can be opened on either tack without spilling the contents on the galley floor. No more having to switch tacks just to retrieve a water! A new LG microwave was also added in the latest refit. The cabinetry and joinery have been professionally crafted to accommodate the new improvements and designed to perfectly match the original styling.
- Frigoboat MS 90FZD 2.9 cu ft. freezer and Frigoboat MS 160RD 5.3 cu ft. refrigerator - Water and air cooled, stainless steel, front loading double drawer, and vacuum insulated! (NEW 2016)
- Force 10 3-burner stove (NEW 2016
- Propane system completely replaced including all new hoses, composite tanks, and dual solenoid valves (NEW 2016)
- LG Stainless steel microwave (NEW 2016)
- Fresh and saltwater faucets and double basin stainless steel sink
- Felt lined drawers and cookery lockers to protect dishes and glassware, and eliminate the rattling of pots and pans while underway.
- Every conceivable inch of space has been utilized for storage. Over 35 cabinets and drawers in the galley alone!
The Abby has one of the most well equipped, modern, and fully integrated navigation suites that you’ll find on any comparable boat for sale today. The owner spared no expense to equip her with the best electronics money can buy. Every instrument and navigation system is fully integrated into the large 16” B&G touchscreen display with wireless mouse and keyboard. A separate control head can be used alternatively. The navigators desk is very large, a proper size for laying out charts and not just an afterthought as found on most boats. The trim work is fiddled to keep everything in place offshore. The forward-facing leather seat has access below for easy maintenance of the Frigoboat compressors and behind for access to the Mastervolt systems.
- B&G ZM16-T 16” touchscreen MFD/chartplotter display fully integrated with the radar, instrumentation, autopilot, ships computer, and GPS (NEW 2016)
- B&G 4G Broadband mast mounted radar (NEW 2015)
- B&G masthead wind sensor (NEW 2015)
- B&G transducers (NEW 2016)
- Ship’s 12VDC Navigation computer with independent GPS, Navigation software suite, and wireless accessories (NEW 2016)
- B&G Zeus II Multifunction display (NEW 2016)
- ICOM IC-M604 VHF radio with Command Mic III and dedicated Shakespeare 3’ mast mounted whip antenna, integrated with B&G NAIS-400 Class B AIS transceiver (NEW 2016)
- ICOM IC-M802 with auto tuner and Pactor modem for sailmail with KISS Counter Poise system and ICOM Gam Split Lead SSB backstay antenna (NEW 2016)
- Satellite phone (NEW 2016)
- B&G WiFi Go-Free module (NEW 2016)
- Weems & Plath Chronometer and Trintec barometer and thermometer
- B&G Zeus II 9” Navigation display with integrated radar, instrumentation, and GPS (NEW 2016)
- B&G Triton Multifunction displays (3) above companionway (NEW 2016)
- B&G Triton autopilot with AC42 computer, and Simrad RF300 rudder feedback sensor (NEW 2016)
- VHF command mic (NEW 2016)
- Hand B&G remote for auto pilot (NEW 2016)
- B&G Triton autopilot remote (NEW 2016)
- Standard Horizon MX870 DSC/GPS handheld VHF radio (NEW 2016)
- Ritchie steering compass (NEW 2016)
- Ship’s Wi-Fi with dedicated entertainment server (NEW 2016)
- Sony MEX-BT3100P SiriusXM/Bluetooth/Aux/AM/FM/USB/SD stereo
- Independent stereo controls for cabin, salon, and cockpit speakers
- Samsung flat screen TV in owner’s stateroom (NEW 2016)
The Islander 56 was designed by Angelo Lavranos of Auckland, New Zealand and built by Fred Scholtz Marine in South Africa as a medium displacement, high prismatic, ocean going performance cruiser. With a full-ended and a firm bilge, and flattish deadrise hull, she has a moderate entry and a full stern to match. The hull was designed to maintain symmetry when heeled, more so than most boats, and will therefore steer more easily under all conditions. The result is a hull that is quick through the water yet comfortable on all points of sail. The Abby is a spirited boat but also comfortable and easy to handle for a cruising couple. She’s a roomy boat that doesn’t sacrifice looks or speed!
The integral lead ballast and substantial integral tankage is located in the super shallow patented Scheel Keel. The balanced spade rudder minimizes steering system loads and more importantly reduces autopilot loading and consequent power consumption. She’s an able, all around cruiser with great looks, speed and space, and is sure to appeal to knowledgeable and experienced yachtsman who want to go places in safety, comfort, and style!
- Steering quadrant completely rebuilt and new upper and lower bearings installed for the rudder (NEW 2015)
- Steering cables and chain (NEW 2016)
- Groco bronze thru-hulls and sea-cocks (NEW 2016)
- Lewmar opening portlights
- Bottom job with 4 coats of Interprotec and 2 coats bottom paint (JUNE 2016)
- Integrated solid fiberglass radar arch rebuilt and repainted in 2016 with reinforced dinghy davits, solar panels, wind generator, and antenna array
- Dinghy davits rebuilt and with new lines 2016 are mechanically operated with the Spectra hoisting lines are led back to the secondary winches in the cockpit for ease of handling
- Transom seats integrated into the stern rail
- Bomar opening deck hatches with retractable mosquito screens and sun shades (8)
- Panoramic deck salon windows (NEW 2012)
- Dinghy motor davit and stern rail mount
- Deck drain lines (NEW 2016)
- Dock lines (NEW 2016)
- Wichard Lyfesafe 55’ jackline (NEW 2016)
- Standard Horizon 40W mast mounted hailer and horn (NEW 2015)
- Hot/Cold freshwater shower at transom
- Magma Propane BBQ
- Boarding ladder on transom swim platform
- Shore power inlet at the transom
- Stainless steel bow rail and pushpit
- Stainless steel lifeline stanchions/port and starboard boarding gates
- Maxwell VWC 3500W electric windlass (NEW 2015)
- 110lb Lewmar bruce primary anchor with 300’ 1/2” galvanized ACCO G4 chain (NEW 2016)
- Fortress FX-55 secondary anchor (NEW 2016)
- Polished stainless steel double bow roller
The Abby has a powerful sailplan with a 3-spreader mast and cutter rig by Sparcraft. Prior to the owner taking her on the Caribbean 1500 he had the entire rig disassembled and every component carefully inspected. Every component was either refreshed or replaced to include all internal wiring and conduit, sheaves, halyards and running rigging, and most of the fittings on the spars. The rig was sand blasted and Awlgripped in Matterhorn White, a new electric Leisure Furl in-boom mast was added, and the ProFurl electric genoa furling system was rebuilt. The standing rigging and tie rods were all replaced in 2016!
- Stainless steel standing rigging and tie rod (NEW 2016)
- Leisure Furl in-boom electric furling for the mainsail (NEW 2016)
- ProFurl electric genoa furling (NEW 2012/Rebuilt 2016)
- Aluminum 3-spreader mast, cutter rig by Sparcraft (Rebuilt and painted 2016)
- Forespar boom vang (NEW 2016)
- Mast mounted Spinnaker pole
- Mac Sails Carbon Technora Radial, fully battened mainsail (NEW 2013)
- Kevlar Composite 150% Genoa (NEW 2010)
- Hank-on storm staysail
- Steadying sail
- Lewmar 66 CST Primary winches (2)
- Lewmar 58 CST Secondary winches (2)
- Lewmar 54 CST Electric winches (2) for halyards, reefing, and mainsheet
- Lewmar 44 CST winch on mast
- Lewmar aluminum racing blocks throughout
- Solid fiberglass spray dodger with integrated lighting (NEW windows 2012)
- Custom CMC full length bimini frame and canvas with sun screens (NEW 2016)
- Whitlock cable steering system with laminated and varnished wood wheel
- Single lever shift/throttle control
- Bow thruster joystick control
- Removable teak cockpit table with hinged leaves
- Canvas cover for wheel and pedestal
- 140HP Cummins turbo diesel – 3097 hours, completely rebuilt only 150 hours ago by one of the best diesel shops in the country. This engine is robust, solid, and virtually new after a significant investment by the owner! All invoices available to prove the extensive work completed! (REBUILT 2015)
- 4-Zone Cruisair reverse cycle air conditioning with QHT Keypad displays in all staterooms – 16K BTU main salon, 12K BTU, aft cabin, 6K BTU in each guest cabin (NEW 2015)
- Sound Down engine room insulation (NEW 2015)
- Vetus 24V Bow thruster with cockpit joystick controls (NEW 2015)
- Twin Racor fuel polishing system (NEW 2016)
- Anti-vibration Aquadrive, cutlass bearings, driveshaft, and dripless shaft seal (NEW 2015)
- Hurth transmission overhauled (2016)
- 300 gallons of diesel in epoxy tanks with dedicated 26 gallon day tank
- Maxprop 3-blade propeller (NEW 2016)
- Exceptional access to all mechanical components for engine and generator through 4 very large access panels makes maintenance and servicing effortless!
- Non-drip stern tube with new top and bottom bearings (NEW 2012)
- Imtra F-28 Cool White utility light in the engine room 600L (NEW 2015)
- Jabsco Quet Flush 24V electric flush toilets in both fore and aft heads with all new Poly X sanitation hoses, new SeaLand anti-odor polyethylene tanks, and Whale Gulper pumps (NEW 2016)
- Extensive updates to ship’s freshwater system including new Vetus supply lines, water manifold, and pressure pumps (NEW 2016)
- Rule 3700GPH automatic/manual bilge pump (NEW 2016)
- New cockpit drain, manual bilge pump, and discharge manifold (NEW 2016)
- Hot/Cold pressurized water with new pressure pumps (NEW 2016)
- 220VAC hot water heater (NEW 2016)
- Wema multi-tank monitoring system for fuel and water (NEW 2015)
- Groco sea strainers (NEW 2015)
- New Northern Lights M673L3 6KW Generator and sound sheild with only 190 hours (NEW 2015)
- Custom 12V/24V Bass Products DC panel with digital BSS volt and amp meters (NEW 2015)
- Custom 120V Bass Products AC panel with digital BSS volt and amp meters (NEW 2015)
- Solarland 120W solar panels, two for a total output of 240W (NEW 2016)
- Silentwind D400 wind generator (NEW 2016)
- Mastervolt ChargeMaster 100A 24V battery charger (NEW 2015)
- Mastervolt Mass Combi 24V 2500W 60Hz combination inverter/charger (NEW 2015)
- Xantrex Echo-Charger 12V engine battery charger (NEW 2015)
- Extensive updates to ship’s wiring (NEW 2016)
- Imtra Rockport LED flush mounted overhead lights – 70 total! (NEW 2015)
- Lifeline AGM GPL-4CT 6V 220AH house batteries, 12 total for a combined 2,640 AH (NEW 2015)
- Lifeline AGM GPL2400 12V starting battery with 650 cold cranking amps (NEW 2015)
- Hella Tricolor, anchor, and running lights (NEW 2015)
- Lumitec LED spreader lights (NEW 2015)
- Lumitec LED Aurora dimming cockpit lights (NEW 2016)
- Marinco 50A/125V/250V shore power cords and new inlet at the transom (NEW 2016)
- 12VDC Hella fans in staterooms (NEW 2016)
- 100' 50 Amp shore power cords (NEW 2016)
- Fully equipped ACR ditch bag with EPIRB, handheld VHF/Nav/GPS (NEW 2016)
- Ocean Signal RescueMe MOB1 Personal Locator Beacon w/DSC/AID (NEW 2016)
- Sirius Signal SOS Distress Light (NEW 2016)
- Sternrail mounted RescYou 6-Man liferaft (Needs recertification)
- Kidde carbon monoxide alarm
- Fireboy Xintex S-2A Propane/CNG fume detector and control system
- Fire extinguishers
- Radar reflector
- Polypropylene heaving line (NEW 2016)
- SOS Dan Buoy MOB marker (NEW 2016)
- Fire blanket
- Crew Saver bosuns chair (NEW 2016)
- Stainless steel emergency tiller
- 12’ AB aluminum bottom dinghy
- Yamaha 25MSH 2-cycle outboard engine (Overhauled 2016)
- Owners personal items
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.