DisclaimerThis listing is courtesy of the BoatWizard MLS and may be centrally listed with another broker. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey representation of a particular vessel.
Basic Boat Info
Engines / Speed
- Make: Yanmar
- Model: 4JH110
- Fuel: Diesel
- Engine Power: 110hp
- Type: Inboard
- Year: 2016
- Engine Hours: 366
About Ted Irwin : Source sailboatdata.com
American designer, boat builder, and ocean racer. His first notoriety was achieved with a number of successful racing yachts to his own design during the late 1960's. As his racing success continued, he also went on to found Irwin Yachts, located near St. Petersburg Florida, which, up until the late 1990's built thousands of sailing yachts, both racers and cruisers. Many of the larger models were built for the booming south Florida and Caribean charter trade. It is said that the firm had as many as 15 different models in production at one time.
The Ted Irwin Story : Source irwinyachts.com
Ted Irwin was seven years old when his family moved to the Tampa Bay area of Florida. That move began a lifetime of commitment to the sailing, designing and building of sailing yachts.
At fifteen, Ted started building boats of his own design in his backyard. From this self-taught experience came the knowledge that was to later enable him to design a “moth”. In that boat he won the North American and the world championships in its class.
After several years of formal education, painting, and backyard boat building, Ted landed a job as a draftsman, illustrator and part-time builder with Charlie Morgan. Ted was twenty-one. By 1963, Ted had served a stint in the Coast Guard, done some more studying and decided that it was time to go out on his own.
Ted rented a small Quonset hut on St. Petersburg Beach for $75 a month. There he built his first commercial sailboat. It took an arduous six months to build his first 31 footer, but it was an effort well spent. That boat, named Voodoo, was to launch Ted’s career by logging an astounding racing record.
Voodoo raced for two years in the Florida Ocean Racing Association, 1964 to 1966, and swept all honors. Ted, sailing Voodoo, won twenty-four out of twenty-eight races during that period. Voodoo and her crew did so well that a sailing editor said, “All the other boats were racing only for second place”. Other successes followed. Some of his famous racing yachts with names known the world over include: Voodoo, Black Magic, La Pantera, Razzle Dazzle and R2D2.
Ted successfully used the knowledge he gained in building high tech racing boats to build high performance cruising yachts. At any time, Ted, a prolific designer, has had as many as 15 models in production.
Ted incorporated as Irwin Yacht & Marine Corporation and in 1966 moved to the new site of the Irwin factory. The original factory had only 12,500 square feet. It grew to over 75,000 square feet and over two hundred employees.
Ted’s innovative designs blend luxurious accommodations and easy sail handling in a fast hull. The Irwin philosophy was simply to build a good boat for the money - make her stylish and fast - stable and comfortable. Irwin Yachts was the only major yacht manufacturer whose Research and Development Program used international yacht racing to test new designs and construction techniques.
Ted was still fiercely competitive on the racecourse, however pipe berths gave way to air-conditioning and generators. His Irwin 68, Distant Drummer, boasts a full set of racing sails, a 3-speed coffee grinder and an on-deck Jacuzzi. Below deck is the epitome of elegance and convenience with accommodations for 10, yet the yacht can be sailed by 2.
Irwin was proud to have built more cruising sailboats over 50’ than any other boat builder in the world. Over 6,000 yachts have been built. Over 300 Irwin 52, 54, 65, and 68s are sailing around the globe.
Wayward Wind was originally built as a custom 56' aft cockpit ketch. Her second owner installed a 5' bowsprit making her a 61' vessel overall.
Few vessels of this vintage and style have the ample, inviting and accommodating interior that this model does.
Entering down the companionway, there are two aft cabin quarter berths, to port and stb. Outside the stb cabin, is a full head with sink, storage, electric head, and shower with step in tub. A hallway from the port side will then lead you in to the rest of the vessel.
Moving forward, the well arranged and ample nav station with electronics is on the port side at the bottom of the companionway ladder.
Next, to port is a midships cabin with over and under quarter berths. A washer, dryer and locker are stationed outside of this cabin.
To stb there is a large wrap around (step down to) gourmet galley with cold plate refrigeration and two counter top access points, laminate counter spaces, liquor cabinet and great storage.
Moving forward, the main salon features large wrap around windows that allow lots of light and a very open yet comfortable feeling and an ample comfortable settee to port with pullman berth with storage underneath. A large and curved stb settee with dining table (half drops down for access to engine compartment). The cushions are creamed colored and offset the beautiful cabin interior.
The forward section of the vessel is the stateroom cabin with a large king V-berth and filler. This cabin has cedar lined hanging lockers, good ventilation, excellent storage, shelving and hanging locker.
Inside of the forward stateroom are closets and a chart table. To stb is a full head with shower, electric head, sink and storage.
Accommodations on deck are a large aft cockpit with full enclosure, new cockpit cushions, excellent ventilation and visibility making this cockpit perfect for fair and not so fair weather cruising in any seaway.
- New non-skid paint (Awl Grip)
- New paint on 2 Masts, 2 Whisker poles, Mizzen Boom and spars (awl Craft 2000)
- All exterior teak refinished including rub rails and cap rails with Awl Wood MA Varnish
- All deck hardware completely removed, cleaned and 100% re-bedded and sealed
- Completely refurbished and powder coated davits / re-engineered base to optimize lift with new 12 to 1 sheaves and blocks
- Original Main Mast Keel Step replaced and reinforced with Aluminum Pad -very good condition
- Two Bow Anchors (Delta and Bruce)
- (New) 300 ft 3/8" chain plus 250 ft 5/8" rhode
- 150 ft 3/8" chain plus 250 ft 5/8" rhode
- 525 ft emergency 5/8" rhode
- One stern Anchor (Danforth)
- Emergency Tiller
- Three PDF Vests
- Two Lewmar 65 Winches (supplement the new Lewmar Electric Winches)
- Twin 30 Amp Shore Power Cables
- New side mount dingy engine storage plus engine lift arm with block and tackle
- New Lewmar V5 Windlass, foot switches and gypsy / capstan
- All new bronze salt water bonded thru-hulls
- All new stainless vents above water line
- All new custom windows (7) with polished stainless bezels
- All new hatches (7) Lewmar
- All new port light (12 / Newfound Metals Stainless)
- All new deck level (blue) LED courtesy lights from cockpit to bow
- New underwater (white) LED lights (4)
- All stainless professionally polished (bow sprit, push pit, stanchions, stern pulpit)
- New composite propane tanks (2) includes new manifold, solenoid, tubing to range and solenoid switch
- Replaced inflatable dinghy with 11 ft Boston Whaler with 15 hp Mercury (engine overhauled and tuned. Includes a battery box to include navigation lights, etc.)
- New life raft with cabin top mounting (Viking Pro 6 man)
- Redesigned/refinished companion way hatch cover
- New cockpit shower unit with hot and cold water
- New fresh water wash down outlets (2)
- New salt water wash down outlet (1)
- New dockside water inlet with pressure regulator
- New Propeller and Zincs (24" / 16 pitch, 3 blade)
- New Fortress Anchor Model FX-37
- New dripless packing/stuffing box
- New cutlass bearings
- New LED navigation lights - bow and stern
- New LED spreader lights facing up and down, variable intensity, white or blue
- New 360 degree mast mounted spot light, controls at console
- New mast mounted horn with console control
- New remote control for auto pilot at push pit
- New Edson Vision II console with compass, spot light controls, Nav lights control and B&G Zeus 9" plotter
- New Morse single lever throttle and gear shift with new control cables
- Engine controls, breakers and gauges moved to aft cockpit for ease of access
- Second B&G Zeus 7" display plus 2 Triton multi function displays on cockpit bulkhead
- New dodger and cockpit enclosure with eisenglas and screens
- New fenders (6 - 10x30, 2 - 36" inflatable balls)
- New Jack Lines and cockpit tether points
- New Yanmar 2016 4JH110 110 HP diesel engine (with new warranty)
- Beta Marine generator set serviced and tuned (211 hours)
- New Sound Down enclosure for engine and generator
- New Sound Down hatch cover with gas struts and electric lift
- New side mounted fuel distribution system including the KTI Filter boss with Recor filters and marked manifolds for supply and returns.
- New Reverso oil change system side mounted with the fuel system
- New stainless steel fuel tanks (approximately 260 gallons)
- New stainless steel water tanks (approximately 240 gallons)
- New volume gages and sending units for all four tanks
- New Water Maker (Islander by WaterMaker Inc. - 400 gal./day)
- New toilets (2) (Tecma Silent 2 Button) fresh water flush
- Refurbished holding tanks with new macerater pumps (fwd and aft - approx. 100 gal total)
- New decorative acrylic liquor cabinet with (red) LED Lighting to high Light
- New shower fixtures (both fore and aft heads)
- New hot water heater with both engine and electric heat
- New Splendid washer and dryer
- New bilge pumps (3) with alarm panel in Nav station
- New sumps (3)
- New foot pump and filters for galley sink
- All new fresh water plumbing through out boat
- New labeled manifold system for distribution of hot and cold water flow
- New interior cushions throughout
- New additional Pullman berth in main salon
- New mattresses throughout
- New custom linens for all bunks/berths
- New Mariner 5 Fire Extinguishers (3)
- New Mariner 10 Fire Extinguishers (2)
- New electrical wiring throughout (AC and DC) as needed
- New batteries:
2 8D AGM (house)
1 8D AGM (navigation)
2 Start Batteries
- New battery distribution panel (any battery for any use)
- New power distribution and chargers (Nautica and ProSport)
- New Zantech Freedom 3012 Charger and Inverter
- New galvanic isolation and ELCI protection
- New Blue Sea 360 AC / DC Main panel
- New Blue Sea DC panel for Nav station panel
- New wiring and safety features to ABYC Standard
- Shore power system repaired/restored to full function
- All new LED interior lights (white and red for night)
- Spare parts
- Fuel tanks capacity is approximately 261 gallons, port tank is 161 and strb tank is 100
- Water tanks capacity is approximately 240 gallons
- Holding tanks capacity is approximately 110 gallons, fwd tank is 65 and aft tank is 45
- All new custom running rigging
- All new custom dock lines
- New Leisurefurl furling boom
- New Harken roller Furler for Genoa
- New Harken roller Furler for staysail
- New sails (main, Genoa, staysail, and mizzen) (Mack Sails)
- New MackPack for mizzen
- Like new spinnaker
- New Harken electric winch for main halyard, fuller and main sheet
- New Lewmar electric winches for main Genoa sheets
- Two Lewmar 65 winches (supplement for Lewmar electric winches)
- All other winches completely refurbished and tuned
- New Harkin sheet tracks and travelers (main, mizzen, Genoa,and staysail)
- New vang for main boom
- Refurbished hydraulic back stay adjusters for main and mizzen
- New lifelines made of stranded stainless shroud cable
- New Cockpit Cushions
- New B & G Wind, Speed and Depth
- New NMEA 2000 and Ethernet Backbones
- New 24" 4g Broadband digital RADAR (MARPA-capable)
- New Structurescan SONAR with dual transducers for full side view
- New HI Current Autopilot
- New Triton Pilot Controller
- New Go-Free WIFI Wireless Module
- New AIS Class B Transceiver with Antenna Splitter
- New Sirius XM Satellite Weather and Radio
- New Triton T41 Digital Displays (2)
- New Zeus 2 9" Multifunction Display
- New Zeus 2 7" Multifunction Display
- New Fusion Entertainment System integrated to B & G System
- New Global Star Sat-Fi System
- New ICOM VHF Radio at NAV Station and Remote MIC at Helm
- ICom SSB radio
- New Handheld Standard Horizon Marine VHF Radios (2)
- New VHF Antennas (2) and RG-213 Cable
- New Raymarine Chain Drive for Autopilot
- New Mast mounted Horn
- GE Microwave
- Norcold model DE-461 refrigerator and freezer (12 V and 110V)
- Princess three burner range (LPG)
- Two stainless steel, deep well sinks
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.